[Asterisk-Users] Newbie here. Tips on setting up 100 phones wanted.

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri May 27 10:29:56 MST 2005

On Fri, 27 May 2005, Mike Clark wrote:

> brandt Milczewski wrote:
>
> >I work for a ski area. I currently use a 3Com Superstack for in our
> >office. And an old small town phone system for up at the mountain. The
> >phone system is dying and I'm hoping to bring IP to replace the old
> >phones. It will be about 100 phones at about 20 locations all within
> >about 4 miles of each other.
> >
> >I'm looking for tips on the types of phones to look at. Cost is
> >secondary only to reliabity. Any tips?
> >
> We have over 100 Polycomm IP 300/500s installed, and they work great.
> The 300 will save you $50+ per phone over the 500, but you can't beat
> the 500 for a quality deskset with a good speakerphone.

For that number of phones buying or getting loaner samples is probably the
way to go. Resonable alternatives include Polycom, Snom or possibly even
the GXP-2000, though the latter depends somewhat how much trust you place
on future software upgrades.

In these quantities you should be able to get a good price on any of these
phones.

Peter