[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream GSX-2000 - dead :-(

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Fri May 27 08:01:15 MST 2005

I have a Grandstream GSX-2000 with ..
Software Version:    Program-- 1.0.0.3    Bootloader-- 1.0.0.3

I tried to do an HTTP update from the Grand Stream web site...

After half an hour, I recycled power and now its dead... LED's come on
and stay on, screen and buttons are dead. Connectivity to
Grandstream.com was always good - whenever I checked (I downloaded the
"User Manual" in a couple of minutes), the site states five minutes to
load, so waiting more than 30 mins should have been OK, and they do have
this "Please Powercycle" in red print too...

Is there a magic re-incarnation routine ?
(Power on whilst holding down some buttons?, Sprinkling chickens blood?)

I chose an HTTP upgrade over TFTP - as I read that there were potential
issues with TFTP at this firmware level.

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa.  e.164 VOIP ready
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE