[Asterisk-Users] PRI "Actual-HookState" not showing offhook on inbound

Ronald Hartmann RHartmann at nnamtraH.com
Fri May 27 07:57:46 MST 2005

Good day list,

	I have been fighting echo problems on my PRI card.

	Everything is working great outbound, however inbound calls have
echo.

	I have found the issue but need help in fixing it.

	During outbound calling "zap show channel 18" shows that the
call is off-hook and echo cancellation is running.

	During inbound calling though, "zap show channel 18" shows that
the call is "ON-HOOK" and echo cancellation is turned off.

I have no ideas as to how or why this is happening.  Any input is
greatly appreciated.

~ron

[CLI DIAGNOSTICS:]
*CLI> zap show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
 pseudo            from-pstn       en
     18 5134632401 from-pstn       en
     19 5134632401 from-pstn       en
     20            from-pstn       en
     21            from-pstn       en
     22            from-pstn       en
     23            from-pstn       en

*CLI> zap show channel 18
Channel: 18CLI>
File Descriptor: 19
Span: 1
Extension: 5134632401
Dialing: no
Context: from-pstn
Caller ID string: 5137777486
Destroy: 0
InAlarm: 0
Signalling Type: PRI Signalling
Owner: Zap/18-1
Real: Zap/18-1
Callwait: <None>
Threeway: <None>
Confno: -1
Propagated Conference: -1
Real in conference: 0
DSP: yes
Relax DTMF: no
Dialing/CallwaitCAS: 0/0
Default law: ulaw
Fax Handled: no
Pulse phone: no
Echo Cancellation: 128 taps, currently OFF
PRI Flags: Call
PRI Logical Span: Implicit
Actual Confinfo: Num/0, Mode/0x0000
Actual Confmute: No
Actual Hookstate: Onhook

[Zapata.conf]
[channels]
language=en

signalling=pri_cpe ; pri_cpe = PRI slave ; pri_net = PRI master
switchtype=national
pridialplan=unknown
echocancel=yes ; You can set this to 32, 64, or 128, tweak to your
needs.
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=400 ; Asterisk trains to the beginning of the call, number
is in milliseconds
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
overlapdial=yes
immediate=no
group=0,1
context=from-pstn
channel => 18-23 ; Set this to 1-15,17-31 for E1

[ZAPTEL.conf]
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=18-23 # set this to 1-15,17-31 for E1
dchan=24 # set this to 16 for E1

defaultzone=us
loadzone=us