[Asterisk-Users] tds_CDR and MS SQL Server troubleshooting

PA taihome at earthlink.net
Fri May 27 06:45:38 MST 2005

Thank you very much for that debugging information Tony.  That's exactly what I was looking for, I just didn't know how to ask for it.  You understand Noobian very well ;).  It lead me right to the problem.

Unfortunately, it was not a dazzling problem, it was a hard (for me) to spot typo in a column name (dsst rather than dst).  Thanks for the other suggestions too from Colin and Duane, I had done those already and that's why I was at my wits end without knowing how to get a more detailed error log.

Cheers,

Phil

>>>It's probably a database or SQL Server configuration problem. The module
works, because I'm using it in production.

If you are using safe_asterisk to start up, put the following lines into
/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk near the top, just after the DUMPDROP definition:

TDSDUMP=/tmp/tdsdump.$$.log
TDSDUMPCONFIG=/tmp/tdsdumpconfig.$$.log
export TDSDUMP TDSDUMPCONFIG

Then look for those files in the /tmp directory when asterisk is running.
They will contain a lot more debugging information from the FreeTDS libraries.

If you're not using safe_asterisk, then just call the above lines from
your shell before you invoke asterisk.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Tony