[Asterisk-Users] SER Config For Asterisk

Arnd Vehling av at nethead.de
Fri May 27 05:57:56 MST 2005

Daniel Eboa wrote:

> what i want is be able to authenticate user before they connected to my asterisk box.
> users can be registered with asterisk, but i want that each time a user want to place outgoing call, he is first authenticate, and then authorize to place the call through the asterisk box. this is for billing meaning.

This is a standard feature of SER. Just download the current SER stable
release and configure (my)sql based authentication or radius authentication.

After a successfull authentication just forward all calls to your asterisk
box. This setup is pretty straight forward and u will find enough examples
on the SER Homepage and the SER Mailing-List. There are even config templates
for this included in the standard SER distribution.

cheers,

   Arnd