[Asterisk-Users] CRM integration (was RE: CallerID)

Alex Barnes abarnes at ubiquitysoftware.com
Fri May 27 02:35:51 MST 2005

Hi Michiel,

I have incoming caller/customer working on Apache+PHP without trouble,
however I don't use AGI (or the management API).

Could you explain why you choose AGI to do this?

What are the benefits of using AGI to post call data to a PHP server?
	- You have no web server maybe?
	- Does your script do a lot more than just update call data
maybe, like does effect call routing?

Genuinely interested in what benefits there could be over your solution
to this than the one I use currently.

Important factors:
	- Doesn't impact call completion, e.g. because the PHP server is
loaded or down completely.
	- Many asterisk's hosted on remote sites updating call data on
internet hosted apache server.

To be honest I never considered AGI for this task as I understood AGI
scripting was used to allow
an external server (e.g. PHP) to control a call.  For example call
routing.

----MY SOLUTION----

Asterisk ----HTTP POST DATA----> Apache1 ----> MySQL Customer DB1

Web browser ----HTTP GETS DATA----> Apache2 ----> MySQL Customer DB1
*currently this is polling cos I cant find a light weight server push
mechanism, that works on IE :-(

Thanks

Alex

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.