[Asterisk-Users] International Caller ID?

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu May 26 20:16:29 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 22:05 -0500, Nathan E. Pralle wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> My wife and I make a LOT of International calls -- mostly to Australia.  I
> just got Caller ID on my landline, but no numbers/names get passed on
> international calls.  Is it even possible to get this?  Is it a special
> request to the phone company, or is it just not possible at all?

Most dont offer it on landlines.  VoIP is a special case becuase of how
its done.  Name is also gonna be a problem because of how that is looked
up, odds are the telco wont be able to provide that even if they can
provide the number.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402