[Asterisk-Users] PRI setup

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Thu May 26 11:03:51 MST 2005

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 10:11:53AM -0500, Jay Milk wrote:
> You don't know how to compile asterisk?  So why'd you ask about PRI?  If
> you're starting from scratch, google for "Getting Started with Asterisk"
> and click on the first link.

I've compiled asterisk from CVS head on a Debian Sid system.  It works fine
with my FXS and FXO interfaces for calls in both directions. I'm ready to move
on to the PRI interfaces and found the documentation trail harder to
follow.

I outlined a document that I'd like to see about PRI installation, configuration, and
test.  The first steps are kind of obvious to the experienced, nevertheless, they
shouldn't be omitted.  If I was writing this document, I would create links to other
documents that cover these steps.

This document:
http://www.asteriskdocs.org/modules/tinycontent/content/docbook/current_v1/docs-html/x460.html
has you building zaptel and asterisk but not libpri.

In an Asterisk/PRI HOWTO it would be important to mention
building and installing libpri in the correct order.  It would also be
good to describe how to verify that it was done correctly so one doesn't
waste time with an improperly configured system.

Thanks for your help so far.
--
Mike