[Asterisk-Users] multiples broadvoice lines

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu May 26 08:52:27 MST 2005

This is not just a broadvoice problem this occurs with at least
stanaphone as well.

Basically it appears to be a bug unless there is a special trick that is
required to have multiple accounts from the same proxy.

If you have 1 proxy but multiple registers and all it uses the same
extension for all of them.  It doesnt seperate between contexts or
anything.  Quite anoying.  I would suggest that you contact asterisk-dev
or whatever to see about getting someone more familiar with the system
to fix this, since this is the 2nd time you posted about this problem
and last time you got no response.

Just wanted to add its not broadvoice specifically, so people dont try
to say "well it must be something they are doing use someone else"
rather than actually fixing the problem.

A bad workaround would be to set different proxies for each line but
that can get very ugly if for any reason your network isnt well
connected to 4 unique proxies (lab, lax, chi, dca, mia, nyc).