[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Firmware help please.

Christopher Kenna kristufer at onefastsc.com
Thu May 26 05:52:40 MST 2005

strange that you would be recieving the error: Timeout error sending
SIP<macaddr>.cnf as well. i have never seen a phone try to get a SEP & SIP config files.

anyway, have you tried to update the firmware to 4.0? usually, if the phone sees the version and does nothing, it means that it thinks the specified version isnt an uprade.

-C

>>> rjames31 at btopenworld.com 5/26/2005 8:38 AM >>>

It's not asking for SEP<MACaddr>.cnf.xml but SEP<MACaddr>.cnf?

Anyway created SEP<MACaddr>.cnf with the following lines -
    # Image Version
    image_version: P0S3-03-0-00
    # Proxy Server...etc..etc..etc..
My TFTP server receives the error - Timeout error sending
SIP<macaddr>.cnf?

I modified the SEP<MACaddr>.cnf with the following line -
    P0S3-03-0-00
My TFTP server delivers it fine, but nothing useful happens on the
phone.

Decided to try a different image, so I modified the SEP<MACaddr>.cnf to
the following (cutting out all the rest)-
    # Image Version
    image_version: P0S30203
My TFTP server delivers it fine, but nothing useful happens on the
phone.

I modified the SEP<MACaddr>.cnf with the following line -
    P0S30203
My TFTP server delivers it fine, but nothing useful happens on the
phone.

Am I doing something terribly wrong? (and it was all going so well
yesterday!)
Ray.

>>> Christopher Kenna   26 May 2005 12:55  >>>

Create the SIP<MACaddr>.cnf file, then just rename it to the
SEP<MACaddr>.cnf.xml it is asking for. It should update.
-C

>>> rjames31 at btopenworld.com 5/26/2005 7:14 AM >>>
I have tried numerous versions and other skinny images, the phone takes
OS79XX.TXT from my TFTP server (seemingly ignores it) then asks for
SEP<MACaddr>.cnf and SEPDefault.cnf, despite whats in OS79XX.TXT.

%<---------- SNIP! ---------->%

what version of SIP are you trying to install?

-C

>>> rjames31 at btopenworld.com 5/26/2005 5:54 AM >>>

I have tried the suggestions received but no joy :o( can I assume this
is now 'an expensive paper weight'?

I originally wrote:
Was in the process of upgrading a 7960 to SIP and in advertently applied
a skinny image (P003G302.bin), now no matter what i put in OS79XX.TXT
and OS7960.TXT it simply wont upgrade. The phone is pulling down
OS79XX.TXT from my TFTP server but then goes on to repetedly ask for
SEP<MACaddr>.cnf.

Help!!

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: