[Asterisk-Users] PRI setup

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Thu May 26 04:41:15 MST 2005

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 01:30:03AM -0500, Jay Milk wrote:

> http://www.digium.com/downloads/configuring_zaptel.pdf

Nothing new here. This is more or less a verbatim copy of what's
in /etc/zaptel.conf which is (2) below.

> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+zaptel.conf
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+zapata.conf

Nothing new here either. The PRI information in these two links
is covered in the (1) below.  The example is exactly the same.

> Google is your friend.

You might think that "asterisk+pri" or
"asterisk+pri+configuration" or "asterisk+pri.configuration" would turn
up more than emails from 2002.  I even found the email where libpri was
released under GPL:

http://www.marko.net/asterisk/archives/0105/0022.html

What I haven't found is a guide that gives the following steps:
1) compile/install libpri
2) compile/install asterisk
3) here's how to tell if your asterisk load is PRI ready
4) gather this information from your service provider
5) configure the collected information like this (OK, this does exist if
   you know what to google for)
6) here's how to test and troubleshoot your PRI connection

If such a document doesn't exist then I'll start one because I'm getting
ready to go through the process.  If it does exist, then I'd like to
follow it.

--
Mike