[Asterisk-Users] Re: how to dial extension with menu

Kamran Ahmad p_kami at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 04:29:11 MST 2005

even this is not working he is trying to ring but
cannot connect to other side and drops the call after
3 seconds

i tried this
exten => 6000,1,Background(k-enterexten)
exten => 6000,2,waitexten(3)

exten => 3000, 1, Dial(SIP/3000)
exten => 3000, 2, Ringing()
exten => 3000, 3, Wait(20)
exten => 3000, 4, Hangup()

exten => 4000, 1, Dial(SIP/4000)
exten => 4000, 2, Ringing()
exten => 4000, 3, Wait(20)
exten => 4000, 4, Hangup()

>Kamran,
>
>You'll need more than just Dial to make it work...
>You'll need to ring the phone and then wait for them
>to answer like
>this:
>
>exten => 12, 1, Dial(SIP/1200)
>exten => 12, 2, Ringing()
>exten => 12, 3, Wait(20)
>exten => 12, 4, Hangup()
>

>In my example here, dialing 12 at a prompt (or while
>you are
>waiting/background in your example) will dial SIP
>phone 1200.  Note
>that it is not enough to just dial, you must also
Ring >and Wait.  If