[Asterisk-Users] G729 codec

Max W Blackmer Jr max at knowledgepowerit.com
Wed May 25 13:49:53 MST 2005

No Fixed point calculation and floating point executions are diffrent
only in the way calculations are preformed. Floating point executions
use to take more time than useing fixed point calculations. With todays
math coprocessors especially with SSE floating point calculations
actually preform well on Intel x86 platform. Fixed point calculations
use a fixed decimal place to perform calculations with some performance
increases with less precision and accuracy.

Cheers,

Max