[Asterisk-Users] CRM integration (was RE: CallerID)

Rusty Shackleford john97 at flatline.com
Wed May 25 14:06:36 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Dan Perik
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 12:13 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] CRM integration (was RE: CallerID)

Rusty Shackleford wrote:

And that's the real trick. Web browsers, unless they are instructed to

do otherwise, don't DO anything once they've completed loading a page.

So without instructing them to refresh, they aren't going to be aware of

a server-side change, such as an incoming call. For that, you're going

to have to have some way of sending a message TO the client machine,

have it received by that machine, and have that client machine take the

desired action (pop up an incoming call dialog, load a contact record,

etc.).

HYPERLINK
"http://wp.netscape.com/assist/net_sites/pushpull.html"http://wp.netscap
e.com/assist/net_sites/pushpull.html

Would that work?  Especially the "server push". Not sure if current
browsers like it or not.  I've never tried it, but came across this
document, and thought it may be something useful.

Apparently not. At least not with Firefox, as the demo doesn't work.
Also, though I didn't spend a great deal of time analyzing the stuff
there, it appears to have the potential to also generate an unacceptable
load on the web server's resources as the number concurrent connections
increases.