[Asterisk-Users] CRM integration (was RE: CallerID)

Alex Barnes abarnes at ubiquitysoftware.com
Wed May 25 07:39:46 MST 2005

<SNIP>

<SNIP>

Think I missed this thread first time round!

I am the Tech Director of a company that developes CRM for the
automotive industry.

We have full integration with asterisk into our PHP web system.

Getting things to pop/update on a web page when a call comes in is
slightly tricky.
This either requires an often horrific polling solution or some
data-push mechanism.

Java applet was one choice but I really dislike java applets in web
pages
(yes am a java dev but I guess that's just me)

We went for a Flash and remoting solution and it works an absolute
charm.

If anyone knows of a light weight data-push mechanism that works
cross-browser
(IE is the main culprit here) that would be good to know!

I would of course be very interested in any other ideas people have for
better /
different solutions or any features that we may not have considered yet.

Of course everything we do has to be scaleable to be multiple asterisks
talking
to web servers.  But then that means the clients are separated away

So far:

Incoming caller alert with customer lookup (flash)
Click-to-dial
Browsable call logging
Playable call recordings from web page
Call recordings attached automatically to customer files / specific
tasks / appointments
Quick number add (click a button to add the current caller's number to
the customer file)

Cheers

alex

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.