[Asterisk-Users] General AGI Question

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue May 24 21:23:18 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 00:14 -0400, Michael Stearne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie and just discovered AGI (after learning a lot about
> extensions.conf's language).  Before putting in a lot of time on
> AGI/Perl/PHP I would like to know if its possible to do most of the
> functionality performed in extensions.conf through AGI.  Can AGI be
> used as a replacement for scripting a dialplan?

Yes you should be able to do most if not all the functionality.  You can
send commands back to asterisk to dial, play sounds, etc.  I do not know
if you can do *everything* but you should be able to do at least 90%,
and in some ways do things you cant do other ways because you have
better access to system, network and other similar resources.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402