[Asterisk-Users] CTI

Jean-Denis Girard jd.girard at sysnux.pf
Tue May 24 12:51:01 MST 2005

Anton Krall a écrit :
> Hi Guys!
>
> After 1 week or looking for answers about CTI and Asterisk, I havent been
> able to find the necessary applications to do what I want to do. Maybe you
> guys have more insight on this.
>
> I tried installing asttapi, and works great! Can make outbound calls from
> outlook, etc.. Nice work!
>
> For incoming calls.. Ive been trying software like ascendis callerid, call
> alert and identapop pro, but seems something is wrong with my dialplan or
> asttapi or something since I dont get the callerid but rather the calledid
> which is my own extension. I see some messages on the manager says something
> about a newcallerid event... Which is weird.. Why is it doing this?
>
> Also, havent been able to find a callerid application that can run a command
> line on windows to open a web page passing the callerid as parameter...
>
> And last but not least, havent found a decent tapi dialer....
>
> What are guys doing regarding CTI? Anybody found those kind of apps?

Have you tried MozPhone ? It has rough corners but is usable, and as a
Firefox extension, it will give you:
  . popup with callerid on incoming calls (you can accept or reject call),
  . open a web page when accepting call by using url parameter of
asterisk's dial or queue command (so asterisk can include callerid or
other info in url),
  . outgoing call from web page (using the tel:// protocol in href).

It is based on iaxclient, runs on Windows and Linux, and should be
portable to Mac. It is free and open source software.
If you choose to try it, be aware that there is no automatic uninstall
procedure.
Of course this is a shameless plug, as I'm the developper of MozPhone...

Thanks,
--
Jean-Denis Girard

SysNux                  Systèmes Linux en Polynésie française
http://www.sysnux.pf/   Tél: +689 483 527 / GSM: +689 797 527