[Asterisk-Users] origination providers

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Tue May 24 12:42:43 MST 2005

Mike,

> Many of the providers I've tried contacting either
> won't call me back, or want me to sign an NDA just
> to get a rate quote, or some other bullshit.

Assuming that you will need about 12 to 24 simulataneous calls on each
DID you want to run, and you are using Ulaw to get these calls, what is
the bandwidth that the DID provider has to give you, apart from the DID
service?

Ulaw needing 64 kbps per line, needs 1.2 mbps for 20 simultaneous calls.

Assuming a Data T1 costs about $500 bucks a month and assuming that you
need/use the DID for only 8 hours a day at that rate, it costs about
$100 per month in data bandwidth alone.

Who will pay for this, If it is not Democracynow who is footing the
bill?

Seshu