[Asterisk-Users] CallerID

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Tue May 24 12:14:00 MST 2005

On 11:18, Tue 24 May 05, Anton Krall wrote:
> Anyway that works would be nice :) What I would like to do Is get the
> callerid and then pass that parameter in order to open a http url containing
> the callerid to pass or open a CRM webpage like SugarCRM.

Why is it that you want to do this client side ?
In my opinion it's better to do this on the server.
That way you really benefit of a web-based application like
sugarCRM.
Webbased apps are made so you don't have to carry your own
pc to get into the app. Why not do the same with callerID?

Senario:
Sitting on a beach on a tropical island, enjoying a nice
drink.
You still want to make money so you use a webbased app with
your laptop. Softphone logged in to the * box.
A server-side handled callerID mechanism would be the way to
go if you ask me.
--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."