[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice delivers CID even when restricted?

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue May 24 12:03:01 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 13:27 -0500, Brian Roy wrote:
> On 5/24/05, Johnathan Corgan <jcorgan at aeinet.com> wrote:
> > I can call my Broadvoice DID from a outbound caller-id blocked phone,
> > and BV happily delivers the CID to Asterisk (and then on to my IP phone
> > display.)  I've tested with the *67 prefix from a PSTN phone to make
> > sure it was supposed to be blocked.
>
> It's not like this on all of their switches. I just tried my Nashville
> number, and it came across restricted.
>
> Or.... you let the cat out the bag!

Odds are likely that its 1 carrier they use.  Without seeing where the
number was ported (requires SS7 access to the carriers involved) its
hard to see which carrier is doing this.

If it really bothers you call broadvoice, and dont bother waiting in the
queue for techsupprt, go direct :)

All are 978-418-xxxx

7310 david epstein
7320 nathan stratton (cto)
7322 cynthia (tech support manager)
7323 daniel gepp
7330 peter menlinger
7331 no answer
7339 no answer
7340 g cornfield
7341 no answer
7347 no answer
7348 joey fitz
7349 jeff nelson
7350 les berry (vp of customer service)
7380 angela epstein (davids wife)
--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402