[Asterisk-Users] Red Alarm TE110P

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Tue May 24 11:49:42 MST 2005

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Peter Svensson wrote:

> On Tue, 24 May 2005, Remco Barende wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to setup a Wildcard TE110P with a PRI in The Netherlands.
>>
>> I get a Red Alarm on the line.
>>
>> Is there any way of debugging this? I've tried some configs that should
>> work but without success. Is there any way of telling if the cabling is
>> correct or what else the problem could be?
>
> Have you configured the card to E1 and not T1? Red alarm is usually a loss
> of carrier (or close enough most of the time). I.e. you are not seeing
> incoming signals from the remote end.

Yes I have configured it to E1. I'm pretty sure the line is working ok, if
i connect the pstn line again to the hdsl desktop unit which in turn
connects to the old pbx there are no warnings on the hdsl desktop thingy.

> Check thatthe card is set to E1, check the cabling and check that the
> remote end is up.

I don't know if the cabling is correct, I used the existing cabling.

Thanks!
Remco