[Asterisk-Users] CallerID with Lucent TNT

Shawn Lawrence asterisk at terracecomm.com
Tue May 24 10:03:46 MST 2005

We have setup a Lucent TNT as a SIP gateway connecting our 3 PRIs.  Currently, when our callers make calls out on the PSTN, the caller-id is being rejected by our service provider because the Lucent is setting the type of number in the PRI message to international instead of national.  I did some checking and it has to do with the way the phone number is formatted in the outgoing SIP message.  The Lucent is looking for the country code as part of the from header to determine whether not the call is a national call or an international call.  When the Lucent unit only sees the 10 digit caller id (example below), it does not see that it is a national call and sets the wrong type of number.

From: Shawn Lawrence <sip:7805555555 at host.terracecomm.com>

Is there anyone out there who has come across the same problem?  If so, how did you take care of it?  Is there a way I can make asterisk add the country code on the front of the sip header?

Shawn Lawrence
Terrace Communications