[Asterisk-Users] G729 codec

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue May 24 06:55:23 MST 2005

On May 22, 2005 04:46 pm, todd wrote:
> Thanks for the info: do you know if  the g729 codec for Asterisk is limited
> to only the G.729A version. Is there G.729 B available for Asterisk?

Does it matter?

g729 has fixed-point and floating-point implementations.  The data coming out
the back end is the same.  Either a is floating-point and b is fixed-point or
the other way 'round (I can never remember).

It should not make one whit of difference which one you use to generate the
g729 stream.  Do you have a specific reason to need one over the other?

-A.