[Asterisk-Users] Problem with FXO taking a call

Matt Scott matt at mgsnet.co.uk
Tue May 24 06:28:26 MST 2005

Hi all.

I am unable to answer calls coming into asterisk over PSTN. (UK)
I want to have a call answered by my TDM400P/FXO module and forwarded to a sip phone.
When I make a call from the PSTN to the BT line installed on my FXO module the sip phone rings however, when i pick up the
call using the sip phone, the incoming call is not answered/routed by asterisk. As a result the sip phone is left hanging
and the incoming call remains unanswered.

my zapata.conf now looks like this.
; Configuration file
;
[channels]
language=uk
group=1
context=from-pstn
usecallerid=no
cidstart=polarity
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 4

debug info
*CLI>   == Starting post polarity CID detection on channel 4
    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/4-1'
    -- Executing NoOp("Zap/4-1", "---  calling on 01189xxxxxxx (s) ---") in
new stack
    -- Executing Dial("Zap/4-1", "SIP/1001|20") in new stack
    -- Called 1001
    -- SIP/1001-5c18 is ringing
    -- SIP/1001-5c18 answered Zap/4-1
May 24 11:12:35 WARNING[32757]: chan_zap.c:3646 zt_handle_event:
Ring/Off-hook in strange state 6 on channel 4
  == Spawn extension (from-pstn, s, 2) exited non-zero on 'Zap/4-1'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/4-1'

All the other variations of my configuration works well, it is just this part.

Any help much appreciated.