[Asterisk-Users] ... -> FoIP HOWTO

Eric Smith es at fruitcom.com
Tue May 24 06:04:27 MST 2005

Below posting seems like a FoIP success story.  I trawled the list but
found no practical guidelines, (only references to
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=FoIP
which also does not have practical guidelines)
on setting up FoIP functionality using T.38.

I am aware that faxing over IP is imperfect but would be very
interested in a HOWTO or FAQ on implimenting this with Asterisk.

Thanks for any pointers.

Eric Smith

According to Alexander Lopez on Tue, May 03, 2005 at 03:02:08PM -0400:
}   Funny thing is that Faxes over IP (SIP ATA186) and Fax Over Public
}   Internet (FOPI) have worked fine since day one.  I even have faxes on
}   DSL lines at my house working glitch free.  I have been scared to
}   'retire' the old OS as it has worked so well.
}
}
}
}   # ./zttest-mod -v
}   Objective: to read 8192 bytes from TDM card in 1.000000 seconds.
}   Opened pseudo zap interface, measuring accuracy...
}
}   8192 bytes in 1.023890 seconds
}   8192 bytes in 1.023900 seconds
}   8192 bytes in 1.023900 seconds
}   8192 bytes in 1.023899 seconds
}   8192 bytes in 1.023900 seconds
}   8192 bytes in 1.023900 seconds
}   8192 bytes in 1.023901 seconds
}   8192 bytes in 1.023900 seconds
}   8192 bytes in 1.023898 seconds
}   8192 bytes in 1.023901 seconds
}   8192 bytes in 1.023900 seconds
}   8192 bytes in 1.023900 seconds
}   --- Results after 12 passes ---
}   Best: 1.023901 -- Worst: 1.023890 -- Average: 1.023899
}   #
}
}
}   P3/700 Compaq ML330 w/ IDE HD and Stock Mandrake 9.1 Kernel 2.4.21
}
}   328MB Ram
}   Single CPU
}
}
}   processor       : 0
}   vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
}   cpu family      : 6
}   model           : 8
}   model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
}   stepping        : 6
}   cpu MHz         : 794.721
}   cache size      : 256 KB
}   fdiv_bug        : no
}   hlt_bug         : no
}   f00f_bug        : no
}   coma_bug        : no
}   fpu             : yes
}   fpu_exception   : yes
}   cpuid level     : 2
}   wp              : yes
}   flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
}   mca cmov
}   pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
}   bogomips        : 1585.97
}