[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960s and skinny

Andy Hamilton ciscophonefreak at gmail.com
Mon May 23 20:13:28 MST 2005

Yusuf:

This should be a functioning /etc/asterisk/sccp.conf :
==================
[general]
keepalive = 70
context = default
dateFormat = Y-M-D      ; M-D-Y in any order (5 chars max)
bindaddr = 192.168.1.167; replace 1.2.3.4 with the ip address of the
asterisk box.
port = 2000		; listen on port 2000 (Skinny, default)

[SEP000123456789]
; This device is a 7910, a single line model
; from cisco.
type        = 7910
autologin   = 524
description = 7910

[524]
id	= 	524
pin	= 	524
label = South Lobby
==================

Here is my /tftpboot/XMLDefault.cnf.xml file.
I'm not sure if the 7910 actually gets any useful information from it
(at least in the case of Asterisk as the CM). I do not have a
SEP000123456789.cnf file or anything like that: I did at one point and
it would cause the phone to not boot, if I recall correctly.
==================
<Default>
<callManagerGroup>
<members>
<member  priority="0">
<callManager>
<ports>
<ethernetPhonePort>2000</ethernetPhonePort>
</ports>
<processNodeName>192.168.1.167</processNodeName>
</callManager>
</member>
</members>
</callManagerGroup>
<servicesURL>http://192.168.1.167/asterisk/ciscomenu.xml</servicesURL>
<loadInformation6  model="IP Phone 7910">P00403020214</loadInformation6>
<loadInformation124  model="Addon 7914"></loadInformation124>
<loadInformation9  model="IP Phone 7935"></loadInformation9>
<loadInformation8  model="IP Phone 7940">P00303020214</loadInformation8>
<loadInformation7  model="IP Phone 7960">P00303020214</loadInformation7>
<loadInformation20000  model="IP Phone 7905"></loadInformation20000>
<loadInformation30008  model="IP Phone 7902"></loadInformation30008>
<loadInformation30007  model="IP Phone 7912"></loadInformation30007>
</Default>
==================

And, of course, here is a snippet from my /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf:
[default]
exten = 524,1,SetCalledParty("South Lobby" <${EXTEN}>)
exten = 524,2,Dial(SCCP/524,30,Ttr) ; You may want to change some of
these options
exten = 524,3,Hangup

Hope that helps. Lemme know if you need anything else.

-Andy