[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom IP600 Questions

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Mon May 23 16:11:45 MST 2005

> 1. How do you set the music on hold to work with asterisk. Right now
> when I place a call on hold the caller hears nothing. MOH works
> with all
> my other IP phones.

I don't know the answer to this one (it just works for me), but I
remember it coming up on this list before.  You can probably find the
answer in the archives of this list.

> 2. Ringer Volume. How do you set the ringer volume? So that it's
> set on
> reboot.

If you mean so that it does not reset after every call, you'll need
to do configs via an FTP server.  On 1.4.1 and lower firmware, change
this line in ipmid.cfg:

       <volume voice.volume.persist.handset="0"
voice.volume.persist.headset="0" .... />

to:

       <volume voice.volume.persist.handset="1"
voice.volume.persist.headset="0" ... />

On the 1.5.2 firmware, change the same line, but it is moved to sip.cfg.

If you do this, the volume will stay wherever you set it, but I'm not
sure if it will stay through a reboot - probably not.

- Noah