[Asterisk-Users] Digium FXS modules too fragile?

Ian Pattison ianp at technologyassociates.ca
Mon May 23 11:44:12 MST 2005

Hi all,

Yesterday, in an attempt to take back my phone room, I pulled everything apart as far back as the demarc and rebuilt it. In the process of putting things back together I accidentally connected my incoming lines to my FXS ports and my phones to my FXO ports. I quickly realized the mistake I made and corrected things but not before one of my FXS modules was smoked by incoming ring voltage.

dmesg now says:

Freshmaker version: 71
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Boosting ringinger on slot 3 (89V peak)
Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Timeout waiting for calibration of module 3
Timeout waiting for calibration of module 3
Proslic Failed on Second Attempt to Auto Calibrate
Proslic Failed on Second Attempt to Calibrate Manually. (Try -DNO_CALIBRATION in Makefile)
Module 3: FAILED FXS (FCC)
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (4 modules)
Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)
Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)

Has anyone else seen this? Also, wouldn't one assume that a module designed to generate an 89V ring tone could also accept it without being destroyed?

I've tried sever hard and soft resets to revive the module, reseated the card and the module and moved slots to no avail. Can anyone thing of anything else to try?

Thanks,

Ian

Ian Pattison, Senior Analyst
Technology Associates Inc.