[Asterisk-Users] two isdn cards

Alex Vishnev avishnev at optonline.net
Mon May 23 09:12:30 MST 2005

Mike,

The cable needs to be a cross-over cable when connecting directly between 2
T1s, bypassing PSTN. One side of isdn has to be configured as TE and the
other as NT. Only 4 wires are needed (not full 8 wires) to build a T1
cross-over. If you are connecting the systems thru pstn, you need regular T1
cable. Also, please remember to configure timing/clocking on both systems.
If you are connected to pstn, then you will need to configure slave clocking
on your side. If you are connecting 2 systems without pstn, then one must
generate clock and another slave clock. Without proper t1 clocking you will
see frame slips and errors on t1 line. ISDN is very sensitive to clocking,
while regular RBS t1 can function with with frame slips, except you may hear
pops/clicks or missed in your audio stream.

HTH

Alex