[Asterisk-Users] realtime excessive database queries

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun May 22 23:48:39 MST 2005

snacktime wrote:

> Personally I would rather see realtime load everything into memory and
> not go to the database unless something has changed or you reload.

How would this be different than just storing the configuration
statically in the database, and reading it at startup and at subsequent
reloads?

The primary deal with realtime, as I understand it, is that it *doesn't*
keep the extensions tree (or whichever) in memory.

Even the caching that's implemented for ARA right now takes it a bit
away from that.

Not trying to jab at you here, but try to understand the exact
differentiation of function.

Thx.

B.