[Asterisk-Users] Which H.323 for Stable?

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Sun May 22 22:25:47 MST 2005

I'm new to H.323 and I have noticed that there are two separate channel
drivers for * available - the inbuilt one, and oh-323. I had trouble
compiling oh-323 with the current cvs stable, so I tried the inbiult one
(with specifiec recommended versions of openh323 and pwlib). It compiled
cleanly but I am told that it is not recommended (unstable?).

Can someone with first-hand * H.323 experience offer any meaningful
advice as to which way I _must_ proceed? This is for a live, busy,
deployed environment. H.323 will be used to connect to an upstream
provider (possibly CISCO gear?).

Thanks in advance.