[Asterisk-Users] Help with follow me

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Sun May 22 14:00:45 MST 2005

Race Vanderdecken wrote:

>A Rube Goldberg type solution is to send a text message to the cell
>phone, reply to the message if you want the call to forward to your cell
>phone.
>
>You do have to keep the ZAP connection waiting for the SMS/text round
>trip.
>
>Race "they Tyrant" Vanderdecken

The way SMS/text works with some cell systems would make it Super Rube
Goldberg. Otherwise, I would be doing it already. It would provide a way
to do non-blind call transfer with caller ID name/number displayed.

With my cell provider there is a web page for sending text messages. I
looked at the html and then wrote a shell script that sends me text
messages. Sending is free. Replies are not.

#!/bin.sh
# Gnu GPL applies
# cheap and lazy approach
# use perl if you want to do anything fancy
wget -o sendpage.log -O /dev/null \
"http://${SOMEURL}/index.php?name=uscc&number=${SOMECELL}&message=testing99&Send=Send"