[Asterisk-Users] Re: Audio flutter on OH323 output?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sun May 22 09:47:28 MST 2005

In article <d6q58h$i8n$1 at softins.clara.co.uk>, I wrote:

> I've now done some RTP analysis of affected streams, and have found that
> the times when we get the audio flutter correspond with parts of the
> analysis showing repeated packets in the RTP stream. This only happens
> on the outgoing stream; the incoming stream from the switch is perfect.
>
> When a packet is repeated, it is identical to the previous and occurs
> about 7 to 14 microsec after, as if something in the software has decided
> to send the packet twice in immediate succession.

I've been trying to read through the openh323 and pwlib code related to
writing the RTC stream. It's like a cross between peeling an onion and
wading through treacle :-(

I've focussed on the function RTP_UDP::WriteData() in openh323/src/rtp.cxx
where dataSocket->WriteTo() is called in a loop. Is it possible that there
are occasions where the packet did get sent but for some reason WriteTo()
returned an error?

I'm clutching at straws really, but without solving this, the system is
not good enough to deploy.

How can I turn on the PTRACE output from openh323, and where would it
be sent to?

Cheers
Tony
--