[Asterisk-Users] Getting a Cisco gateway to work with Asterisk

Mark Dutton Mark.Dutton at datamerge.com.au
Sun May 22 05:55:19 MST 2005

Can anyone please help me with sample IOS commands to get a Cisco gateway
working properly with Asterisk.

I cannot get my Cisco 2801 with BRI interfaces to call into Asterisk.

The Cisco identifies itself as sip:. at datamerge.local.

I cannot figure out how to get it to identify as sip:cisco at datamerge.local.
The gateway works with other SIP servers that don't require authentication,
but Asterisk wants it to authenticate, or at least idenitify itself and I
cannot work this bit out.

If I put in the host address in my sip.conf, I still get a "cannot find host
192.168.44.23:<random port number>, where <random port number> is actually
some random port number.

I am at my wits end.

Regards

Mark