[Asterisk-Users] Error running Make config on Debian Sarge

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun May 22 02:46:47 MST 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 12:53:49PM -0500, Ben Johnson wrote:
> I am running Asterisk 1.0.7 on Debian Sarge RC3.  When I attempt to run
> "make config" to create the zaptel boottime script I receive the following

Frankly, you don't need to.

Chances are /etc/rcS.d/S40hotplug will detect your card's module and
modprobe it. modprobe will then run ztcfg as per the instruction in
/etc/modules.conf /etc/modprobe.conf .

If this is not the case, then add themodule to /etc/modules, and the
module will be modprobed  nevertheless.

Reasons why the module won't be discovered:

* The module is ztdummy (you don't have a card)
* You disabled hotplug (Not a very bad move)
* Hotplug did not discover your card (this is probably a bug, and worth
  reporting)

> if [ -d /etc/rc.d/init.d ]; then \
>        install -D -m 755 zaptel.init /etc/rc.d/init.d/zaptel; \
>        chkconfig --add zaptel; \
> elif [ -d /etc/init.d ]; then \
>        install -D -m 755 zaptel.init /etc/init.d/zaptel; \
>        chkconfig --add zaptel; \
> fi

totally irrelevant to debian. However there is a part in the makefile
that should have replaced 'chkconfig' with ':', right. I wonder is there
is any warning above about redefinition of "CHKCONFIG" (my private
crusade, sorry)

Actually in my rapid package I disabled running ztcfg at modprobe time
and did add an init.d script that simply runs ztcfg.