[Asterisk-Users] Help compiling zaptel in Debian

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun May 22 02:34:47 MST 2005

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 08:15:10PM -0600, Andres Paglayan wrote:
> follow this link
> ignore the German and see the commands
> http://www.vonloesch.de/node/17
>
> for the last part be sure that you modprobe the right driver for your
> particular device.

I don't read german, but those instructions are slightly out-of-date.
Specifaically, the current kernel varion in Sarge is 2.4.27-*2* and not
*1* . The debian packages also try to provide you nicer to build
zaptel packages.

(And did I ever mention I have them pre-built at
http://tzafrir.org.il/rapid/ ?)

> one little thing is that in Debian you shouldn't use /usr/local/bin, but
> /usr/bin, if you are using the source from digium you might to search
> and replace within Makefiles

Actually, if you build binaries on your own and not from packages, they
should generally go to under /usr/local per the Debian policy. That way
it is guaranteed to never colide with any later package, for instance.

The same holds for most other distros.