[Asterisk-Users] PSTN->voip/sip echo

JD jd at twingeckos.com
Sat May 21 00:16:28 MST 2005

I'm still relatively a novice with asterisk and am having issues with echo.
The calling party that calls a PSTN number doesnt hear the echo, but the
answered
side via sip or forwarded to another PSTN number over voip hears
excessive echo that
makes it difficult to communicate.

I've been playing with the zapata.conf settings for echocancel,
echotraining, rxgain, txgain, etc
and am basically stabbing in the dark (grin)  I've read the wiki about
it, but it doesn't go into very
much detail.

Anyone know which parameters fix this issue?
Is there an easier way than tweaking settings in zapata.conf, monitoring
with ztmonitor, and restarting asterisk over and over?

JD