[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom takes long time for reboot to access web page

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Fri May 20 09:17:47 MST 2005

Hi Chris -

> When I change a setting via the web interface on a polycom 500, it
> takes
> minutes to allow access through the web interface again. Any idea
> why it is
> so slow?

I've always had the same thing happen across all versions of the
firmware since 1.3.0.  The phone will boot and be able to take and
make calls, but the web interface won't be accessible for 2-3 minutes
after the phone appears completely booted up.  I guess the web server
just takes a while to get fully loaded from the flash memory.  I gave
up on the web interface anyway.  You just can't do as much with it,
and when you have a boatload of handsets it takes way too long to
configure them all via the web interface.  Hooray for FTP configs.

- Noah