[Asterisk-Users] Sipura 3000 Question

Aldo Bergamini aab.lists at nb-a.com
Fri May 20 06:34:36 MST 2005

Dear list,

I am playing with Sipura 3000 since last week.

Through the wiki pages I could get running it reasonably well.

My setup is that of a Sipura, linked with a local analog cordless phone,
a local PSTN line and the setup to link to an asterisk server located at
a remote static ip address.

I can dial the cordless phone from other extensions located at the
asterisk server; I can dial out from the cordless phone trough the Sipura
- Asterisk link, using the PTSN line on the other port of the Sipura.

So far, so good.

BUT: While I can receive a phone call arriving on the PSTN port, it is
correctly routed to the cordless phone on the other spa port with the
faked callerid trick found in the wiki, the spa does not seems to detect
the end of the call.

So after the other party ends the call, I end up with an open SIP channel
on the asterisk server, and what is way worse, the SPA can not accept or
dial out any other call on the PSTN line. I have to manually reset it
(and restart the asterisk server to get rid of the zombie SIP channel).

The point is in other words how to setup the end of a call detection.

I assume that the phone line I am using is set up with italian (or
european / etsi) standards. How should I setup the end of call detection
for this kind of pstn line?

Thanks for any help,

Aldo