[Asterisk-Users] call barring

Victor Alvarez victor at sentidocomun.es
Fri May 20 04:56:24 MST 2005

Hello,
 I'm willing to implement call barring for incoming and outgoing calls and I would like to discuss it with the list first, since I think It can't be implemented in a 'natural way' and I will need to use agi scripting - database.

Process would be:
  1. incoming calls
       priority 1, call incoming.agi, select all the blocked cli's for the called user, if caller is on the list -> congestion
  2. outgoing calls
       priority 1, call outgoing.agi, select all the blocked numbers for the caller user, if number dialled is on the list -> hang-up or play message.

Does It sound like correct? What do you think about execute a script for every call, query the database each time..? Do you think It'll overcharge the system?

 Thanks a lot and kind regards,
  Victor.