[Asterisk-Users] Outbound dialing issue with FXO

Phill Wolf phill.wolf at gmail.com
Fri May 20 04:21:25 MST 2005

I wish the card (or Asterisk) waited for the dialtone before dialing.
Sometimes the phone company gives a dialtone within 1 second; other times it
takes 2 seconds and occasionally 3 seconds or longer. Crufting a large
number of w's into the dialplan makes Asterisk seem pokey, but less cruft
means more rejected or wrong-number calls. Hayes modems can wait for a
dialtone... so perhaps Asterisk could too.