[Asterisk-Users] Rack Mount Server Recommendations

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Thu May 19 13:34:19 MST 2005

Michael B. Murdock wrote:

>Is there anywhere (or anyone) who has compiled some recommendations on rack
>mount servers for Asterisk?
>
>We are currently using Dell 2650 and Dell 2850 but are seeing some problems
>with the raid controllers failing and are now shopping for a suitable
>alternative. Ideally the server would be 19in rack mount, build with similar
>quality to the the Dell's, and have a -48VDC power supply option. Oh yeah,
>and run asterisk like a champ.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>-- Mike

I use http://www.siliconmechanics.com for all my Asterisk work.  I
recommend them to all my clients.  You might pay a little more than you
will for dell, but the build quality is better, and the systems run like
champs.

Ask for Ken Hostetler and tell him Chris Icide sent you.  He'll point
you in the direction of the right hardware.

-Chris