[Asterisk-Users] Boosting Shared Internet Bandwidth for Asterisk

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu May 19 13:13:41 MST 2005

On May 19, 2005 03:42 pm, chawki hammoud wrote:
> I use shared internet bandwidth and the calls are very
> clear from around midnight till about 4 pm when it
> goes bad after that. Is there a way to boost the
> internet bandwidth for Asterisk at the peak time?

You want Quality of Service.  Google around, and then look at
http://www.mixdown.ca/~andrew/dump/rc.tc.  It's what I use and it seems to
work very well.

Note: You *will* have to adjust values and experiment to find out where your
particular link and link hardware works best.  DO NOT expect to just run it
and have it magically work.

-A.