[Asterisk-Users] User cannot dial

David John Walsh davidjohnwalsh at gmail.com
Thu May 19 10:08:37 MST 2005

When you say she can't dial out, what error message is she reciving?
(if your using the windows version, turn off the skin, then you get an
info button, click on that and you get another box below the user side
- it gives some debug but not a lot)

does you asterisk box see any packets from her?

As she is behind a firewall, and you can ring her, it means that your
asterisk box has seen her register requests and has communicated with
her, so its unlikely to be the SJphone, unless there are some wayward
settings on it

also what settings does she have on her asterisk profile?

does it work with x-lite

if (on asterisk cli) you do sip debug ip (her ip address and port) ;
or sip debug peer <peername> and try to make a call - do you see
anything comming in?

David