[Asterisk-Users] Phone keypad input not working during "menu's"

Don asterisk at geeksrus.ca
Thu May 19 09:54:36 MST 2005

Wilson Pickett wrote:

>What codec are your phones using and which do you have in sip.conf in
>general and phone entries?

Hi Wilson,

Thanks for the reply.  I didn't know anything about codecs but I've
tried to look up what I can.  The Polycom documentation (SIP admin
guide) says the hone supports G.711u-law, G.711a-law, G.729AB, SID and
RFC2833.  The phone configuration files say that the preference is for
u-law, a-law and AB in that order.  My sip.conf file says:

disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

I would guess that means I'm ok (i.e. ulaw is good on both sides) but
this is a new area of * for me.  What do you think?

Don