[Asterisk-Users] tdm400p fxo not working

Matt Scott matt at mgsnet.co.uk
Thu May 19 07:24:36 MST 2005

Dear all.

I have a tdm400p with an FXO module in slot 4 and an FXS module in slot 1.
I have not configured the FXS port in an attempt to keep things simple.
The problem is that when I call the POTS number (assigned by phone company) asterisk is seeing the call but then not doing anything with it.

The verbose output from asterisk is as follows:
*CLI>
  == Starting post polarity CID detection on channel 4
    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/4-1'
May 19 15:10:29 NOTICE[30934]: chan_zap.c:5542 ss_thread: Got event 17 (Polarity Reversal)...
May 19 15:10:31 WARNING[30934]: chan_zap.c:5582 ss_thread: CID timed out waiting for ring. Exiting simple switch
    -- Hungup 'Zap/4-1'
>From the caller end it just rings constantly.
I have the following configurations:

zaptel.conf
fxsks=4
loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk

zapata.conf
; Zapata telephony interface
; Configuration file
;
[channels]
language=uk
group=1
context=from-pstn
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 4

extensions.conf
[from-pstn]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/1001,20)
exten => s,2,Hangup

The SIP elements of my system are working well, I just need to get this incoming call on a POTS line working.
I have tried to keep things as simple as possible.

Does anyone know why my call is not being handed to my sip phone?
What is CID timed out waiting for ring? Is this something to do with caller ID?
I have tried it with a 'wait' command in the extensions.conf as well but no joy.

Kind regards