[Asterisk-Users] OT: carrying a router, firewall, switch, ser ver, some phones with me on flight to Europe

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Thu May 19 06:53:38 MST 2005

Yes.  The company I work for occasionally ships configured PCs (being used
as industrial controllers) to European countries.  The PCs themselves are no
problem, but if a UPS is required we always have them buy it locally.
They're hard to get for European power standards in the U.S. (I've tried),
and they're heavy and expensive to ship.

Don't put anything in your checked bags you can't afford to lose.  One of my
friends is a travelling technician and regularly checks a bag of tools.  It
almost always arrives with something missing.  He's lost three Leatherman
tools.  The TSA won't allow you to lock bags anymore, and the TSA inspectors
and/or baggage handlers apparently have sticky fingers.  If it's expensive
to replace and too big to put in a carry on, consider shipping it to your
destination instead of putting it in your luggage.