[Asterisk-Users] Do Both! :) Re: Telecom SIP termination vs. DS3

M O martinoshield at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 06:52:22 MST 2005

Message: 16
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 00:16:34 -0600
Michael,

Do both!

As for Sip Termination:
-----------------------

Contact Kristi Eggers @ Txlink.net for month to month
Originating/Termination VoIP Toll Free or Local USA
DID #s.  Yes they do both Sip and IAX.  You must have
seperate accounts for either Sip or IAX and fund your
account with a minimum of $100.  This is what I did.

Once I get through testing out my Asterisk/Areski
Calling Card box with my newly acquired DID #s from
TxLink.net, and if testing is successful for remainder
of the month of May, I intend on purchasing, within
the month of June, 1 Digium DS3 card to start.

Actually, I am trying to budget on adding 1 Digium DS3
card either every 30 - 60 days throughout the
remainder of this year.

Adding Calling Card sales rep's = placing a
Elephant/HOG in front of a Highbandwidth pipe!!!

WindyCitySDR's situation is such that every 1 Calling
Card Sales rep. I add = 28 T-1s.  68 concurrent
callers is 1Mbps CONISISTANT BANDWIDTH.  And you dont
want to know what a startup pays per 1Mbps! ALOT OF
$$$$$$$$$!!

A Digium DS3 card saves the lives of Calling Card
infrastructure providers such as myself. (THANK
GOD!!!)

So, in my humble opinion, doing both the sip
termination NOW, to get that $$$ together for the
Digium DS3 PCI Channelized Voice card is EXCELLENT!
:):)

I might, at best, add a SER server to feed my
Asterisk,
but beyond that, the above is E X A C T L Y what I am
doing! :)

Sincerely,

SoftwareRadioGuy

>From: Michael Welter <mike at introspect.com>
>Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Telecom SIP termination vs.
>DS3
>To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial
>Discussion
	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>, 	>Commercial and
Business-Oriented
	Asterisk Discussion	><asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>

>(Cross posting on purpose)

>What is the common wisdom on the list...  find a
telco >that offers SIP termination or wait for
Digium's DS3 >card?