[Asterisk-Users] Public vs. Private Network

David Sampson dsampson at innseason.com
Thu May 19 06:50:26 MST 2005

Hello -

I am looking at connecting 7 - 10 locations together using Asterisk and
possibly some VoIP gateway appliances.  I need to insure best voice
quality as these trunks will be used primarily for customer calls.  I am
considering implementing a full T1 frame relay circuit to each location
which can be done for a reasonable cost.  DSL and Cable are currently at
each location and setup for automatic failover.  Should I remove one of
my public connections and replace it with a private circuit for best
quality?

Thank you,

Dave