[Asterisk-Users] asterisk

Allan Regenbaum allan at celfo.info
Thu May 19 05:38:01 MST 2005

I have been trying for days to get an outbound connection to broadvoice
with no luck ..details below ... I have scoured all postings and seem to
get similar responses but none of these seem to help... any help is
appreciated ..
my asterisk at home box is sitting as 192.168.1.106 behind a linksys router
that feeds to comcast as the provider.

trying to make outbound calls from a analog phone extension on a digium
baord to broadvoice ..
system works fine analog phone  to analog trunk , but cant get calls out
from analog phone or softphone to broadvoice .

asterisk log throws

   -- Executing Dial("Zap/1-1", "SIP/1770??????@sip.broadvoice.com|30") in new
  stack
     -- Called 1770??????@sip.broadvoice.com
     -- Got SIP response 604 "Does not exist anywhere" back from 147.135.0.128
   == No one is available to answer at this time
     -- Executing Congestion("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
   == Spawn extension (from-internal, 17705229625, 2) exited non-zero on
'Zap/1-1

sip .conf is

[general]
port = 5060           ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 192.168.1.106    ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
;context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
callerid = Unknown
context = from-broadvoice
externip=69.??.??.??
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

====================================

  sip_additional.conf shows

register=561???????:91?????????:@sip.broadvoice.com/201

*** i have tried various permutations of this

[bv]
username=5618282155
user=phone
type=peer
secret=myPassword
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=561??????
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
dtmfmode=inband
dtmf=inband
context=from-broadvoice
canreinvite=no
authname=561??????

[sip.broadvoice.com]
username=561????????
user=561????????
type=user
secret=91???????
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
dtmfmode=inband
dtmf=inband
context=from-broadvoice
canreinvite=no

============================
also , per postings on the boards ..i pasted this to extensions.conf
..seems that amp had not created an entry for this

exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX, 1, dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@sip.broadvoice.com,30)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX, 2, congestion()
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX, 102, busy()

==========================
outbound routing ...
i have prefix 1 directing to the BV trunk

all (other than general section in sip.conf and the extensions.conf) were
setup using amp ..seems amp does not place the entries in extension.conf ...

===========================
trunks in amp is a follows

sip trunk...
outbound caller is is "broadvoice"
max channels is blank
no dial rules
no dial prefix

outgoing settings
trunk name is "bv"
peer details are

authname=561???????
canreinvite=no
context=from-broadvoice
dtmf=inband
dtmfmode=inband
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=561???????
host=sip.broadvoice.com
insecure=very
nat=yes
secret=91??????
type=peer
user=phone
username=561???????

incoming settings
user context "sip.broadvoice.com"

user details
canreinvite=no
context=from-broadvoice
dtmf=inband
dtmfmode=inband
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
host=sip.broadvoice.com
insecure=very
nat=yes
secret=91?????
type=user
user=561?????
username=561????

register string ...
561??????:91?????????:@sip.broadvoice.com/201
fyi ...

this is an asterisk at home setup ....
my bv number is shown as 561??????
my bv fancy password is shown as 91??????
i have a outbound rule that says numbers with prefix 1 ..go to sip/bv trunk

any help is MUCH appreciated